MCTA membership is open to anyone interested in the chauffeured transportation industry, and is comprised of owners, operators, managers, support personnel, chauffeurs, industry professionals, and associates from related industries. Membership is qualified only by payment of dues, presentation of a commercial insurance certificate and a MnDOT or Motor Carrier Permit for transportation companies. Final approval is done through the general membership after a sixty-day probationary period prescribed by MCTA By-Laws.
Applicants must meetthe following criteria for
1) Company name registered withthe Minnesota Secretary of State.
2) Have a minimum commercialinsurance at $300,000 or $1,500,000 for airport business or $5,000,000 forbusses.
3) Registration with MnDOT and/orMotor Carrier.
4) Must have mandatory safetyequipment in each vehicle.
5) Must have necessary stickers,signage, and paperwork in each vehicle as prescribed by regulation.
6) Driver qualificationsprescribed by USDOT and MnDOT.
7) Required record keeping andinspections must be available for audit by MnDOT annually.